This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

File mode locked

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:51 PM
Edited Oct 12, 2016 at 7:52 PM
Hi

I've been getting an strange behavior using file transfer mode. Two users have been using my application for the last two weeks. All worked fine until last monday. One of the users called me saying that the scanner wasn't working.

I checked and the application just shows the Cancel Scanning Window, closes and do nothing. I tried with saraff samples 2 and worked fine with native mode and buffered mode. With file mode i get an IOException error. After that i tried changing to another user account and my application worked fine again.

Today the other user started to have the same problem. I changed accounts again and worked perfectly.

This workaround is not the best solution so I wanted to ask you if you have any idea what can be causing these behavior with the file mode.

Thanks
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2016 at 7:01 PM
Hello, microft.
What IOException you got (message, a stack trace and inner exception)? What model of scanner was used?
Oct 13, 2016 at 7:39 PM
Hi

The IOException message i got from then Saraff Sample 2 example was FILE ALREADY EXISTS. But theres was no image files in the folder where the application is located.

We are working with a Canon DR-M140 scanner.
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2016 at 6:31 PM
Hello, microft.
Check free space of disk of account that has problem. May be disk quotas of disk space was enabled.
Marked as answer by SARAFF on 10/19/2016 at 2:15 AM
Oct 14, 2016 at 7:08 PM
Hi

That was it. I just ran ccleaner and after that my application and saraff sample 2 worked perfectly.

I started using file mode cause I had problems with native mode and memory problems. Is there any parameter for saraff to handle this temp files creation or the only way is to disable disk quotas.

Thanks for the answer.
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2016 at 7:39 PM
Hello, microft.
Parameters for controlling the temporary files are not present. Solution can be timely removal of temporary files or/and increase disk quotas.
Oct 14, 2016 at 8:45 PM
Ok, I'll work on that.

Thanks