This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to set up the usage of the transparency unit and the image position

Jun 15, 2016 at 2:31 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2016 at 2:33 PM
Hello,

I am currently trying to set up a user GUI to scan cine film strips with a flatbed scanner. (image 8mm high and up to 200 mm long with a high resolution - more than 3600 dpi).

To do that I have to specify the postion of the upper left corner of the area to be scanned and the height and width of this area and (most important= I have to tell the sacanner, that the TPU must be exploited to scan in transparency mode.

Has anyone already done this and whare can I find, how to do the setup. THat is: whcih capabilities have to be set in order to do the scan.

Many thanks in advance
Wolfgang
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2016 at 11:20 AM
Hello, WolfgangKurz.
I do not quite understand the question.
If you want to know what settings you must specify in the scanner UI, you need to refer to the user guide (eg. http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ViewArticle.aspx?lng=en-GB&kbid=312750&data=+ab4PwTTw7eByD+QeVbuSTYIGj+oybfB or https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/per12p/per12pu8.pdf).
If you want know what a capabilities enable a one or other mode (without scanner UI), then you need to refer to the TWAIN Specification.
In addition, I have not found a capabilities to work with a TPU, perhaps the scanner driver supports a custom capabilities, but to see it you must contact the manufacturer of the scanner.
Jun 16, 2016 at 3:23 PM
I want to set the cropped image box coordinates ( x, y of left upper corner of image to be scanned) as well as the image width and height without
using the scanners native GUI (e.g. the GUI of Epson Scan) and I want to exploit the scanners TPU.

I think. I have found the capabilities which take care about the image position on the scanner glass pane(, but I have not found a capability
to exploit the TPU. So you am probably right, I have to contact the scanner manufacturer.

Anyway: Many thanks for your help.
Wolfgang
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2016 at 9:51 PM
Hello, WolfgangKurz.
For set the cropped image box coordinates ( x, y of left upper corner of image to be scanned) using a Twain32.ImageLayout property.
Marked as answer by SARAFF on 6/22/2016 at 8:38 AM
Jun 17, 2016 at 6:58 AM
Hello

many thanks again.
This is a really informative descussion forum

I like this resposibility.
Wolfgang