This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Image count is 0 - please help

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:54 PM
Hi Saraff,

I have been trying to use saraff twain to acquire the images from planmeca dental imaging device, when I have tried this with the test software ( sample 1 with twainui enabled), device twainui is appeared then I started the scan and it captures the image and populated it in the device twain window, after I clicked okay in the device twain window, saraff twain acquire completed event is firing and here image count is zero. I debugged the code and it uses memory tranfer, and mostly tiff is the format which returns. Can you help me with this problem? If needed, I can provide you additional details. I am looking forward to your response. Thanks, Vikram.
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2016 at 7:58 PM
Hello, Vikramdinator.
Try samples that without a TwainUI (Scanner UI): Saraff.Twain.Sample2 or Saraff.Twain.OutprocSample3. Note that in a MemXfer mode is not filled collection of images. Because parts of the image is transmitted through the buffer. See Options for Transferring Data
Apr 23, 2016 at 8:31 AM
Saraff, Thanks for the quick response. As per your request, I have used the sample software 2 and 3 to acquire the image without the twain windows. But it throws below error.

Error while using sample 2 and 3: "General failure in response to DAT_IMAGEMEMXFER. An operation error just occurred"
and "General failure in response to DAT_PENDINGXFER. DG DAT MSG is out of expected sequence."
and TwainException: DS or DSM reported error, application shouldn't. ConditionCode = OperationError; ReturnCode = Failure;

Please assist me, if i can do some changes here. Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2016 at 10:35 AM
Hello, Vikramdinator.
You specifically are using a Buffered Memory Mode Transfer? Try use a Native Mode Transfer or Disk File Mode Transfer. Most likely, the problem in the scanner driver. Try to update it. Also, try use TWAIN 2.x.
Marked as answer by SARAFF on 5/9/2016 at 4:35 AM
Apr 23, 2016 at 2:47 PM
Yes, my apologies. Now i have tried to acquire the image using "Native Mode Transfer" and received below error (and also i have tried with TWAIN 2.x) .

"General failure in transfer. DG DAT MSG is out of expected sequence."

I will try to get latest driver for Planmeca. and let you know how it turns out. Other than that if you any comments or thoughts, please let me know.

I am really looking forward to make it working. Thanks.