This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Need help for saraff.twain don't work

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:07 AM
Hello evrybody ,
When I run the application on 32bit system it run correctly but when run it on 64bit system I got this error

A first chance exception of type 'Saraff.Twain.TwainException' occurred in Saraff.Twain.dll
Cann't load DSM.

à Saraff.Twain.Twain32.OpenDSM()
à scanDocument.FrmMenuPrincipal..ctor() dans d:\IPSOFTS\PROJET\scanDocument\scanDocument\FrmMenuPrincipal.cs:ligne 28
The thread '<No Name>' (0xc50) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'vshost.RunParkingWindow' (0x1bc4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread '<No Name>' (0x8fc) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[6832] scanDocument.vshost.exe: Managed (v4.0.30319)' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

thanks for help me
Dec 4, 2015 at 7:44 PM
Hello, samsonsouley.
See follow page
Dec 7, 2015 at 8:38 AM
Hello, firstly thank you for your time you give me

I do not know if I understand well but I have followed these steps

You unzip the .ZIP file twaindsm-2.3.0.win.bin
You copy in C: \ Windows \ System32 TWAINDSM.dll the file located in twain64
You copy in C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 the TWAINDSM.dll file located in TWAIN32

But this still does not work
If I missed something, please correct me
Dec 7, 2015 at 3:41 PM
Hello, samsonsouley.
Check a C:\Windows\twain_32 directory (x86 data source) and C:\Windows\twain_64 directory (x64 data source).
Dec 7, 2015 at 3:49 PM
Hello SARAFF,
I can find the C:\Windows\twain_32 directory and it contain wiatwain.ds but i can't find the C:\Windows\twain_64 please will i create it? and the wiatwain.ds is the same? or x64 get it's own
thank you

2015-12-07 15:42 GMT+00:00 SARAFF <[email removed]>:

Hello, samsonsouley.
Check a C:\Windows\twain_32 directory (x86 data source) and C:\Windows\twain_64 directory (x64 data source).

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Hello, samsonsouley.
If you do not have a C:\Windows\twain_64\ directory, that you don't have any x64 data source. You can try x64 TWAIN sample Data Source.
Marked as answer by SARAFF on 12/11/2015 at 8:23 AM
Dec 7, 2015 at 4:49 PM
OK thanks i'll try it, thanks you a lot

2015-12-07 16:22 GMT+00:00 SARAFF <[email removed]>:

Hello, samsonsouley.
If you do not have a C:\Windows\twain_64\ directory, that you don't have any x64 data source. You can try x64 TWAIN sample Data Source.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Dec 11, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Good morning,
Firstsly i want to thank you for all the help you have give to me. Iz finally resolve the problem by installing the twain_64. I was waitting for my boss feedback that is why my mail was late. He don't allready test the final project. Hope i'll not have any problem. Thank you have a nice day.

Le 7 déc. 2015 15:49, "souley apelete" <[email removed]> a écrit :
Hello SARAFF,
I can find the C:\Windows\twain_32 directory and it contain wiatwain.ds but i can't find the C:\Windows\twain_64 please will i create it? and the wiatwain.ds is the same? or x64 get it's own
thank you

2015-12-07 15:42 GMT+00:00 SARAFF <[email removed]>:

Hello, samsonsouley.

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:42 PM
Hello, My manager just contacted me he said he no longer has the error but a mistake I'll put as a joint room. faait which he does not find the scanner. What can be the problem? On a 64bit machines the application runs very well and normally. Thank you
Dec 16, 2015 at 3:34 PM
Hello, samsonsouley.
maybe he did not installed twain-driver for the scanner, but only wia-driver. In a TWAIN 2 mode WIA-drivers not supported. If so, you can try use a TWAIN 1 mode.