This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Web based Scanning

Sep 12, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Hi,

I would like to use the Saraff.Twain.NET in ASP.NET applications. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,
Mallikarjun
Coordinator
Sep 15, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Hello, MallikarjunGouda.
How exactly the do you want to use the Saraff.Twain.NET in ASP.NET applications? What's stopping you to do it?
Sep 16, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Hi Saraff,

Thanks for your response. I was actually looking at a feature where users can login to my web portal and Scan the document. I was trying to load a windows forms from a ASP.NET (Using ClickOnce technology) web app, where users can use this windows form to scan the document and upload. However, when the windows form is launched from a web app, it throws an error saying "Could not load twain_32". But in fact the windows app works perfect when its is directly launched from a desktop instead. Both the scenarios, i was trying in my local machine where my system is connected to a SCanner.

Thanks,
Mallikarjun
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Hello, MallikarjunGouda.
This problem is related to the lack of full trust to the downloaded via the Internet code on the client machine. I.e., need to execute Saraff.Twain.dll with FullTrust permission set, because Saraff.Twain.dll require access to filesystem local machine.
Marked as answer by SARAFF on 6/23/2014 at 12:43 PM